Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's time for me!!!

It's time to work on me. It's been three and a half months since Paul and I broke up and while I have worked on a few things I'm nowhere close to where I want to be. I've lost about 15lbs since then but I'd like to lose about 15 more, and I think I can do it. I'm doing pretty good on my eating and I'm trying with my exercising. I've started doing the "8 Minutes In the Morning" strength training and so far I've been doing pretty good with it. It's not the same boring 20 minutes 3x a week, so I think I can keep up with it. Then there's my jogging, I would like to be able to do the Gasparilla 5k in Feb. I started the training going pretty good but have been kinda lacks lately. I think part of the problems is trying to jog when the weather is so warm, so I'm gonna try to do more later in the evening.

The next thing I want to work on is volunteering more. My friend April and I are going to start doing Habitat for Humanity on Sat mornings from 8-12 and tonight I'm going to a volunteer information session with the local SPCA. I've been reading a book on Buddhism and part of what I've really liked in the reading is the importance of giving to others, including animals. I've always felt you should help others and have done volunteer work before but nothing in a long time. I really feel that once I start doing these things I will start to feel better and better things will happen to me. I also plan on giving $20/month to charity. Again something I've done before but haven't in a long time. Last month I gave to AIDS Walk St. Pete because the boyfriend of Taylor from the Podcast, "Pod is My Copilot" was trying to raise money for it. I think I'm gonna start asking Podcasts that I listen to choose the charity and challenge their other listeners to donation also. I don't know if that will actually get other people to donate money but it might.

No comments: