Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving sucked!

I ate by myself this year. My mom cooked but as soon as she was done she took a plate to her mother who lives in a nursing home, and I was starving so I ate in my room alone. I'm not a very big holiday person but that did kinda suck. But I did get a good walk in and cleaned my room some. My sister and brother-in-law came over at around 7 with my niece and nephew. They ate and I played with the kids some and they left around 8:30. That was my whole Thanksgiving. It really made me miss being with ex, not him really, but his family. He has a pretty big family and holidays are a big deal to them. But I have no desire to be with him at all. The more I think about him the more I realize the mental problems he must have when it comes to relationships. I really don't think he wanted to be with me, just someone that he could settle down with, have kids, have them be apart of his family. That really hurts to think about that, but then again I think I was the same way a little bit. But I don't regret the relationship in the slightest bit, I have learned some much from it.

I have taken my profile off the dating website I was using, I don't really think I'm ready to find that person yet. I still have things about myself that I need to work on. I told mustanger2001 to stop contacting me, he starting pulling this, "this really sucks, I really liked you, blah blah blah." He was a little too mental for me, and I did meet this other guy named Mike. He was cool and smart and sweet but there just wasn't a spark. I was supposed to go over to his house yesterday and plant some trees with him but I started watching a show on the History channel about Abe Lincoln's assassination and didn't want to stop watching it to go over there. Sad I know, but I guess if it's just not there it's just not there. The planting trees thing was really cute, he told me the other day how he was cutting down one of the trees in his yard and I asked if he planted three more somewhere else and he said no, but that he'd buy some and we could plant them. I thought that was really cute of him and would have been an awesome story if we ever got together, but that's not gonna happen.

Friday started off good, I got more cleaning done and then was in the mood to shop so I called my sister. She said she was just getting the kids fed and to come on over. It was another hour before we left her house, almost the whole time I was sitting there thinking how much cleaning I could be getting done at home while waiting for them. Then we were off and our first stop was Linen N Things. I was done in about 20 minutes, got a cover for my flat iron and some lint rollers, but my sister was looking around for about an hour! Finally at one point I said I was checking out then going over to Target. Target was a total bust, I tried on a whole bunch of clothes and didn't like any of them. The only good thing that came out was that I found out I wear a size 8 now, that is so crazy! I really need new work clothes but haven't really been in the mood to go shopping.

No comments: