Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Motorcycles suck

My dad recked his motorcycle yesterday and he's in the hospital. According to what his buddy said, he was going around a curve and hit some gravel, flipped a few times and then was thrown from the bike. He broke a few bones in his face and has some bleeding on the brain, but nothing from the neck down. They are keeping him sedated for a few more days to help with the healing. When they lessen the drugs he is able to move the rest of his body so that's a good thing. Now it's just a waiting game. They are monitoring the swelling and won't know about any permanent damage for a while.

Now I tend to handle these types of things really well and have been doing ok. Yesterday I left work and went to the hospital. We only got to see him twice for a few minutes each time. It was really weird. He was completely sedated and his hands were really cold, my dad's hands are never cold. I didn't go over there today, I ended up working ten hours and I think I'm getting sick, plus there really isn't anything I can do for him. I'll go sometime in the next few days.

I'm not worried that he's gonna die, and I'm not freaked out that I may have a father that has some issues (new issues I should say, like most of us he already had some, lol) but I'm really scared he's not gonna remember who I am. The doctors haven't said a word about what type of damage he might have so I don't have much basis on that, but I guess in my mind that would be the worse.

No comments: