Thursday, December 18, 2008

ICUP

I went and saw my dad tonight with my sister and it did not go very well. When I got there he must have just went to the bathroom in his bed and my step-mom ended up changing his sheets and cleaning him up. She was in a bad mood and left soon after I got there. I tried talking to him a little but he kinda went in and out of falling asleep and then he would sit up then lay down, sit up then lay down. He really seemed the same way my Grandfather was the last few years of his life. He also physically did not look very well. He had lost weight and I'm not sure if it's because I know how he's lost it or just that he does look different then he would if he had lost it the normal way. And the worst part came at the end, he pulled out his penis and peed on himself like it was normal. When he was done he didn't seem the least bit bothered that he was lying in his own pee. I couldn't handle it after that. I told the nurses he's sheets needed to be changed and went downstairs to watch my niece so my sister could see him. She didn't stay up there very long either. It was very hard for the both of us to see him like that. Alot harder then I thought it would be. I thought I would be alright as long as he still knew my name but I'm not so sure anymore. :(

No comments: