Monday, December 1, 2008

Yeah Daddy

I went and saw my dad today. Like I've mentioned before I was really afraid he wasn't going to remember me but he did! :D Although they aren't sedating him anymore he seems to be sleeping most of the time and when he's not sleeping he doesn't quite seem to be totally awake. When I got to the hospital my step-mom tried to get him to look at me and asked him who I was, at first he said he didn't know but it looked like he barely opened his eyes so I don't really think he actually saw me. But after a while he really opened his eyes and looked at me and said that I was Rachel, I almost started to cry. I stayed for about an hour and a half til the nurses did a shift change and we had to leave. When I was leaving I told him I loved him and that I'd see him again soon and he told me he loved me too, I almost started to cry again. It was really weird seeing him like that and I know it's going to be long road to recovery but things good for him and I'm hopeful.

No comments: